Basalt heat insulation material In the category Home Insulation Many people are interested in knowledge and learning about many subjects, this knowledge may be vital at some point in your life, attention enough, and dive into more detail more articles and learn more information about Basalt heat insulation material.
Basalt heat insulation material is a type of mineral wool. Comparing analogue made from residual products of metallurgical production, it is easier to assemble, easier to handle and has a more efficient operation. Stuff a lot harder than other types of mineral wool and is not harmful to nature and people. Loft insulation is of two types-some with artificial potential risk of toxic fumes and irritation and eco-friendly material with zero risk to humans or the environment, but less durable. So what is the right choice?
What and how to produce basalt heat insulation?
In essence this building material is fiberglass, which is made of hard basalt rock, not Quartz. It was first noticed in Hawaiian lava, escaped from the volcano. Amazingly strong and long fibres, created by nature, have been able to make people have invented a technology for the production of basalt fibers:
- First rock crushed and melted. The temperature in the oven is 1500 degrees centigrade.
- The melt is fed to the rotating drums and blown by a jet of air. As a result of getting thin fibers, with a length of about 5 cm.
- For a solid connection fibers add special ingredients.
- The wool is pressed twice at about 300 degrees.
Characteristics and properties
High-performance building insulation made of basalt breed has many advantages in comparison with similar materials:
- Low thermal conductivity.
- Almost zero moisture absorption.
- Great steam-power.
- High fire resistance.
- Excellent soundproofing.
- Low chemical and biological activity.
- Fields of application.
As practice shows, the basalt wool can be used even where conventional insulation simply ineffective. Its properties are best seen in the buildings:
- High humidity: saunas.
- If the walls are made of layered masonry technology.
- In ship structures.
- In pipelines, whose surface temperature is in the range ( -12 +1000)° c.
- In fireproof construction and insulation of ventilated facades.
Basalt heat insulation material is indispensable in any building structure. His equally profitably used in thermal insulation walls, floors, partitions or roof of any shape, especially given the durability, strength, excellent performance, and attractive to the majority of consumers value.